Sunday, November 06, 2005

We begin another month and God continues to be faithful to our church start. The owner of the church building, where we have been meeting, has graciously permitted us to meet there through the month of November. Our funding from the Tennesse Baptist Convention begins this month, and we hope to see the relationships we have developed beginning to bear fruit. Also, our worship team is growing as Diahn continues to develop her team.

The month of November we are beginning a series on "Practical Thanksliving." No, that is not misspelled. We hear so much about being thankful but what does it look like to practically live a thankful life? What is a person doing when we identify him or her as a thankful, grateful person?

This theme will be addressed in the context of the four primary words in our mission statement: rescue, restore, reconcile, and rebuild. We invite you to come and bring a friend as we worship our Holy God together. We meet every Monday night, 7:00pm at the church building on the corner of Olive and Linden.

Please continue to pray for us as we pray, prepare and plan to launch our first Sunday morning worship service in January 2006. God bless you and remember that Jesus is the hope the world.

Todd

1 comment:

Cyndiss said...

I can't describe the worship expeience I had in this little church on Linden and Olive tonight but it was much needed and long overdue. I met personally with my God and worshiped Him for all that He is. Am I greatful? You bet I am greatful, I owe everything to He who spoke straight to my heart and gave me back everything I had lost.
The freedom and openess in that small space was filled with the presence of the Holy Spirit, I have no doubt that God is at work dilligently in the hearts of those in the community that know we are there.
I am elated at the thoughts of God shaking things up and getting busy in this community. I know we are in the right place because He is preparing and purifying those He is calling to go forth and proclaim His name. Hallelujah, He reigns!