Tuesday, October 11, 2005

We waited patiently to hear from the Tennesse Baptist Convention about funding, only to find out that they did not meet because they did not have a quorum to conduct business. I called Dr. James Porch, the executive director of the TBC and spoke to him personally. I asked him to help us understand what we should do next. He said he would get to the bottom of the confusion and he did call me back to assure me that we had done everything we needed to do. He also assured me that they would meet on October 31 and we would have our answer on that day. Sounds great!

Our meetings at the church on Linden are going well. I am excited about the future and believe some significant breakthroughs are about to happen. We continue to meet with city leaders and politicians to inform them of our vision and see what role, if any, they might feel led to play. We are praying for wisdom about a building to worship in on a more permanent basis. We are also praying that God would provide an office for me in the city. We know He has already provided, it's just a matter of when.

Offerings and giving continue to be great. We now have been given $14,000.oo over the last month. PRAISE THE LORD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW.

I believe it is time for me to share the full vision of what God has been developing in me. On Monday night, October 17 @ 7:00pm, I will share what I believe Mosaic Knoxville is called to be. It is undeniably a God thing. I am very excited to be released to share it all.

We believe we are close to launching a Sunday morning worship service. Right now it looks like we will launch after the holidays in early January. We will spend the next couple of months preparing our leadership structure, worship team, and core values. Our core group will determine the direction of Mosaic, and everyone who joins in the next month will be part of that core group.

Please pray for my mentor and dear friend, Jon Eargle. He is slowly recovering from major sinus surgery. I know he covets your prayers for healing.

Speaking Schedule: Ridgedale Baptist Church; Sunday Oct. 16, 10:45. Off of Western Ave by the old Ridgedale school.

Todd

1 comment:

Cyndiss said...

We are praying for the 31st decision and all that it will touch. We are also praying for the vision, that mosaic will be all that God has set it apart for. That as there is much to be harvested the the workers will be pleanty also.
We are going to plan to both come together on Monday night and are extremely excited to finally hear the "big picture" so to speak.
You all are in our thoughts daily and have our support and we feel honored to be involved where God is working so fervently in the inner city.
Have a blessed day!